There is no doubt that running is one of the best exercises for your heart and to make you lose weight, except that for lots of us, it’s hard, hurts your knees and it’s simply boring.
But what the majority of people doesn’t know that there is plenty of other exercises that can replace running and gives you the same heart-pumping, calorie-crunching.
Exercises that require no equipment, exercises can be done at home at any time of the day, exercises that actually can add to your daily routine to increase your heart rate and lose those extra calories.
So if you are looking for those alternative exercises, you are in the right place.
Here’s a list of the best cardio workouts that don’t require running.
A great cardio exercise, that can be done in limited space.
- Stand straight up with your arms to the sides and keep your feet close together.
- Next, you are going to jump, bringing your feet apart and your hand over your head.
- Now jump back to starting position by bringing your hands back to the sides and your feet back together.
- Repeat these steps for 2 minutes and do 3 sets.
A great total body exercise, flexibility, and increase blood circulation.
- Start by getting into the high plank position with your hands a little wider than your shoulders.
- Next, draw your right knee in between your arms without lifting your hips.
- Then go back to the plank position and do the same step with your left knee.
- Repeat these steps as fast as you can for two minutes and do three sets.
A powerful exercise to help boost your cardio health and gain lots of other benefits like Burning More Fat, Building Muscle And Prevent Injuries.
- Get into the regular squat position as low as you can while holding a dumbbell with both hands almost touching the floor.
- Jump as high as you can while rotating your hands above your head, holding the dumbbell steady.
- Do three sets of 20 reps. (the dumbbell weight is up to you to choose but is recommended to use the 10-pounds dumbbell.)
Improve the strength of your legs, chest, thighs, hamstrings, arms, ABS and increase blood circulation.
- Stand up with your feet little wider than your shoulders and lower your body to a squat position.
- Kick your feet back so that you are in the push-up position.
- Now do a push-up.
- Kick your feet back to the squat position.
- Jump as high as you can with your hands up to the ceiling.
- Repeat these motions as fast as you can and do three sets of 20 reps.
Excellent cardiovascular exercise.
Exercise improves lower body strength and helps improve your flexibility.
- Stand on your toes, place your right leg in front and left leg in the back in a straight line.
- Lower yourself down on your right leg and stand up and put your feet together.
- Now, do the same step on the other leg.
- Repeat these steps as fast as you can while making sure that your upper body is straight.
- Do three sets of 30 reps.
A great exercise to improve your cardiovascular fitness, weight loss, Improving power and flexibility and Doesn’t require any equipment.
- Start standing straight up and arms hanging down by your side.
- Jump and bringing your right knee up as high as possible, then back to start position and make the same motion with the left leg and your arms should be following the motion.
- Do these two steps as fast as you can for two minutes and do 6 sets.
A great all-body workout, it keeps your heart rate up and takes some of the stress off your body.
It has lots of other benefits like muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness.
Help a lot while trying to lose weight and keeps your heart and lungs healthy.
Jumping rope, boost your heart rate two to three times faster than other exercises.
Great cardio exercise that can help you lose weight and increase your heart and lungs healthy and its fun to do.
One of the most powerful cardio exercises.
It packs lots of benefits like:
- Helps to lose weight
- cycling exercises all of the main muscle groups.
- Increase your core strength.
- Help keep your heart and lungs healthy.
- It can be an exercise and transport method at the same time.
Boxing, everybody’s favorite exercise, this exercise packs lots of physical and mental benefits at the same time.
- Enhanced Cardiac health
- Improved core Strength
- Better Hand-Eye Coordination
- Reduce stress.
Performing the exercises listed in this post will ensure elevation in your heart rate and makes you gain lots of other benefits all over your body.