Around the world, lots of researches are publishing there studies about The ketogenic diet (or keto diet, for short).
Lots of you, our dear readers have asked me to talk about it, so take my time to do research about it and put this article together.
Stay to the end, and I will explain the ketogenic diet and give a list of all you need to know about it.
So let’us start with the explanation.
What is Keto Diet?
Keto, short for Ketogenic is a recently popular diet that boosts weight loss in the body by burning fat as energy rather than sugar (is a low-carb, high-fat diet).
A research discovered that people on a keto diet lost weight faster and more efficient than those on a restricted-calorie low-fat diet by 2.2 times.
The ketogenic diet offers numerous health benefits, more than 20 studies confirm that this sort of diet can help you lose weight and improve your health.
The studies also fund that Ketogenic diet has benefits against diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, Heart disease, cancer, epilepsy and Alzheimer’s disease and lower risk factors for disease.
There are several versions of the keto diet:
• Standard ketogenic diet: This is the most popular type and it’s based on a very low-carb, moderate-protein and high-fat diet. It includes 75% fat, 20% protein, and only 5% carbs.
• Cyclical ketogenic diet: a diet that contains periods of higher-carb refeeds, such as five ketogenic days accompanied by two days of high-carb this make a week of Cyclical ketogenic diet. (and there are lots of other ways to do the Cyclical ketogenic diet.)
• High-protein ketogenic diet: like the name says its a diet based on high-protein intake, with a rate often 60% fat, 35% protein, and 5% carbs.
Targeted ketogenic diet: This diet permits you to add carbs around workouts.
Keto Diet food list :
To achieve the best results of the keto diet You should base the majority of your meals around these foods:
- Hot dogs
- Seeds and Nuts
- Brazil nuts
- Macademia nuts
- Pine nuts
- Coconut, palm, and extra virgin olive oil
- Bacon fat
- Fish oils
- Nut oils
- Animal products
- Romaine lettuce
- Brussel Sprouts
- Green beans
- Healthy oils
- olive oil
- coconut oil
- avocado oil.
- various healthy herbs
- goat cheese
- cream cheese
- blue cheese
Foods to Avoid
Any food that is high in carbs should be reduced.
Here is a list of foods that need to be decreased or eliminated on a ketogenic diet:
- fruit juice
- ice cream
Beans or legumes:
- kidney beans
Grains or starches:
- Wheat-based products
Other foods to avoid
- Unhealthy fats like mayonnaise, processed vegetable oils
- Some condiments or sauces often contain sugar and unhealthy fat.
- Root vegetables and tubers like Potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc.